Tuesday, November 6, 2012

This just in!!

This feels strange telling people so early-on, because my husband and I waited a few months with our own pregnancies to tell the world... but since I have decided to tell my whole story here, for better or worse, I can't exactly lie dormant for the next couple of months...

WE'RE PREGNANT!! Wooooo Hooooo!!!!!! :)

Today was the first official blood test. The IPs didn't know this at the time (they do now), but I did 6 days of home tests (patience is not my strong point) with the last one being yesterday - the day before the blood test. The last 4 of the 6 were positive, so I had a pretty good feeling going into the blood test. :)

The nurses at the clinic had said that we were looking for an hCG level of at least 50-100 and ours was at 159! HCG is the "pregnancy hormone" that doubles about every 48-72 hours early in pregnancy. For this reason, I will go back to the lab in 2 days for a re-test. This increase will show that the baby is growing normally.

I was chatting with the IF (Intended Father, in case you're new here) over text right after we both found out and I could tell they were giddy with excitement! Such a great feeling!!

It's still very early, but enjoying every success and milestone!!

Will let you know how the next blood test goes!

Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment