Monday, November 12, 2012

Surrogate Brunch

I had the pleasure of attending a brunch yesterday organized by my surrogacy agency to get other surrogates together & share stories.

In attendance, there were 7 of us. The Founder & Director of the agency, 5 other surrogates & myself. Two of the surrogates had recently delivered, two had just started the process and not been matched yet and the other one was just over 20 weeks pregnant.

It was fun to hear the stories of the two women that had already given birth - their ups & downs of the entire experience as well as how it all came to a conclusion. I learned that much like my own births, there is a lot that can not be controlled as things progress, which can be tricky - especially now that multiple opinions in the mix. I felt blessed with my experience so far after hearing that other people have to deal with things like distance & language barriers... even though that's what they chose in the first place.

All in all, it was a great experience to meet & get together with other surrogates!


Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment