Friday, June 7, 2013

34 Weeks!

40 - 34 = 6!! Goodness, it's getting down to the wire!! Especially since the plan is to induce 6 days early, it's actually only 5 more weeks, not 6! I can't even believe it! It doesn't feel like this journey should be coming to an end so soon. I really feel like we were just starting this process.

I have had 2 appointments since I last posted (I'm going every 2 weeks now) - the last one was earlier this week. After the next appointment, I will then go every week. Everything is progressing normally! I wish this were more exciting, but there is really nothing to report since things are "right on track".

The parents are getting everything in order at their place - apparently there is some light construction of closet organization & making a room into a nursery. How exciting!! I am hoping that I still get a nesting instinct kicking in - I have lots of things that need organizing at my house - I could use the extra boost!

They are still in the middle of the big name debate. I am greatful that I don't have that responsibility this time! I remember feeling a lot of pressure when naming my own - it's a huge responsibility and the child will have to live with it for the rest of their lives! Scot & I definitely had some differences of opinion on a few names, but thankfully we did like at least 2 of the same ones. :)

I get this question a lot - "Would you do this again?" and my response is always "Yes, I would. This has been such an amazing, positive experience so far, I would happily do it again.". If my current parents wanted a sibling, I would do it for them again in a heartbeat. If not, I am not sure how long I would wait to start the process again - I imagine I would want a "break" after, but I have heard from other ladies in my Surrogate's support group that they start the paperwork almost immediately after. I found this interesting and thought that the reason must be because it is such an exciting process that gets built up so much and then it's just suddenly over for the surrogate. I asked my case worker at the agency about that and she agreed - saying that it's much like planning your wedding... there is so much planning, build-up & excitement, then it's just over - leaving you feeling like "Now what?". I definitely felt that after my wedding! I was so sad that it was over! I would do it all over again if we could afford it. :) I suppose I will know when the time is right or when the right couple comes along.

Thanks for reading! Here are some belly shots!

Valentine


No comments:

Post a Comment